At Clifton we are experienced in managing entire finance functions for clients, and due to our focus on the natural resource sector, and in particular oil and gas exploration and production, we are able to provide bespoke accounting solutions to our clients.
We have all the expertise and infrastructure to provide a complete outsourced accounting and finance solution from bookkeeping to financial control and management reporting. We coordinate closely with clients to tailor an accounting function that meets their needs.
We can provide all the hardware, software and people to run your entire small to medium sized accounting function. We are also collectively experienced in an array of systems (Sage 50, Accpac, QuickBooks, Clearbooks, Cognos, Hyperion, SAP) and can either manage your existing system, assist you in implementing a new system, or run your accounts on our own in-house platforms (Sage or Clearbook).
More details of our services are outlined below.
Back office accounting
- Book keeping and account reconciliations
- Electronic filing of documentation (invoices, correspondence, contracts etc)
- Budget preparation and reporting
- Monthly or periodic forecasting and reporting against budget
- Management report design and preparation
- Board reporting
- Ad hoc stakeholder reporting (banks, note holders, investors etc.)
UK Tax compliance
- Acting as your agent with HMRC
Oil and gas specific accounting
- Preparation of gross and net billing statements for operators
- Review of and accounting for billing statements, AFEs and budgets for non-operators
- Designing and maintaining industry specific calculations for items such as oil inventory values, asset retirement obligations, depletion, well accruals etc.
We always strive to be an integral part of your business team, who proactively helps you to manage your business. At Clifton we understand that precise numbers and strong financial management and control are critical to business success. We pride ourselves on being able to produce high level reports, but with a firm knowledge of the details.